flush_cache_all() hoses my Indy

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: flush_cache_all() hoses my Indy
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@netscape.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 01:15:59 -0800
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
OK, I've been tracking a bug that only seems to appear on the Indy I
have at home right now (belongs to the housemates).  After sgiseeq_init
allocates the ring buffers, it calls flush_cache_all().  On this system,
that zeroes out the ring buffer pointers (rx and tx -- likely the entire
dev->priv block and more) and then setup_tx_ring gets understandably
upset. =)

Anyway, I'm not enough of a MIPS guru to really say much more, but I'll
poke around tonight and see if I can stumble across anything useful.

Linux reports:
MIPS 4400 FPU<MIPS-R4400FPC> ICACHE DCACHE SCACHE
CPU Revision 0460

hinv tells me:
1 200 MHZ IP22 Processor
FPU: MIPS R4000 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 0.0
CPU: MIPS R4400 Processor Chip Revision: 6.0
Instruction cache size: 16 Kbytes
Data cache size: 16 Kbytes

More than this I do not know, but I'll run any test that doesn't risk
permanent damage.

Mike