back in the saddle

Subject: back in the saddle
From: Mike Shaver <>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 06:23:53 +0000
Just booted my borrowed Indy to Linux, and then proceeded to destroy its
e2fs partition with some excessive use of Alan's installer.

It looks like it's a viable install setup though, so I'm going to try an
produce a more managable kit tonight:
- minimal root.cpio to boot to (no kernel source, for example, and no
compiler =) )
- rpm.cpio with everything you need to do further installs via
- a handful of ext2tools (mke2fs, e2fsck -- you need to e2fsck at each
step, it seems)

I'll bundle it all up in a nice tarball and stick it on linus for people
to play with.  (There are a bunch of folks here at Netscape who are
interested in playing with it as well.)

346388.73 321677.24