R4000SC/R4400SC crashes ...

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux-mips@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: R4000SC/R4400SC crashes ...
From: root <root@uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 10:26:07 +0100
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi all,

I think I found the bug causing the reported R4000SC/R4400SC crashes.
In r4kcache.h some of the functions for handling the second level caches
were using the wrong cacheops.

I'm rewriting the thing; the file was producing a huge object file and
not able to handle primary instruction and data caches with different
linesize.  This was a problem with the Vr4300 and some Magnum 4000 and
the Olivetti M700 where reconfiguring the linesize of the primary cache
isn't advisable.

What I won't fix for now is the handling of split instruction and data
second level caches a la R4000SC.  I don't know of any system using
something like this.