Re: Uploads ...

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>
Subject: Re: Uploads ...
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 01:03:18 -0500 (EST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Ralf Baechle wrote:
> Just as announced I've started uploading all the toys I've been working
> on to Linus.  Right now all the RPMs (about 134mb) and all the source RPMs

Yay!

> are online.  I had to modify a couple of the source RPMs.  The most
> common bug was trying to link with libbsd.a from Linux-libc which of
> course is missing on our glibc-only system.

What is the replacement for libbsd.a, for future reference?

> I've also uploaded a linux 2.1.67 kernel binary to Linus.

I will try it tomorrow.

I installed a load of RPM's, and had to install with a --nodeps since I
don't have the glibc RPM. As well, loads of stuff crashed.  I know this is
because of me missing a modern version of libc, so I'm really looking for
the libc release.

- Alex