Re: M$ 's strategy against Linux: nightmare scenario

To: Michael Neuffer <neuffer@trudi.zdv.Uni-Mainz.DE>
Subject: Re: M$ 's strategy against Linux: nightmare scenario
From: cypher <cypher@vertigo.cs.indiana.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 18:37:13 -0500 ()
Cc: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>, Mike Acar <mike@contract.kent.edu>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Sat, 6 Dec 1997, Michael Neuffer wrote:

> Unfortunately the spec got updated to 2.0 and from my sources I hear
> that it is not exactly upwards compatible.
>
> We will surely be able to break it given time, since somene somewhere
> will surly leak it at some point, but time is unfortunately also all that
> Billy Boy needs to gain an unfair advantage.

Actually, all linux needs to win is for Billy Boy to get enough unfair
advantages... then by by Microsoft... ;-)

---
Todd M. Shrider                         Unix Workstation Support Group
(812)855-2627                           2711 E. 10th Street
tshrider@indiana.edu                    Indiana University,
http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/            Bloomington, IN 47408-2671