Re: Linux on the O2

To: Alex deVries <>
Subject: Re: Linux on the O2
From: Eric Kimminau <>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 17:28:55 -0500
Cc: SGI Linux <>
Alex deVries wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Alan Cox wrote:
> >
> > Actually Ariel there sort of is - unless anyone knows why the monitor would
> > have decided to fold the middle third of the picture in really oddly ..
> Not to be too critical, but my monitor only sort-of works. Everyonce in
> awhile it'll black out, and I won't see anything until I give it a whack.
> I think there's a wire loose in there. It's not too troublesome, but my
> neighbours are starting to wonder.
> Anyway, I'm still happy for free hardware.
> - A

To both Alex and Alan: Both of those systems "should" be under SGI
support. If you will run netstat -ia and give me the serial numbers
(08:00:69:xx:xx:xx) Ill look them up to make sure. If they do, you can
just call 1-800-800-4SGI (4744) and have them ship you brand new

Eric Kimminau                           System Engineer/RSA                     Silicon Graphics, Inc
Voice: (248) 848-4455                   39001 West 12 Mile Rd.
Fax:   (248) 848-5600                   Farmington, MI 48331-2903

                 VNet Extension - 6-327-4455
              "I speak my mind and no one else's."

    When confronted by a difficult problem, solve it by reducing
    it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
         "I am the great supportfolio, do you have http?"