Re: Update ...

To: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Update ...
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 23:18:21 +0100
Cc: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Thu, Dec 04, 1997 at 02:09:00PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > Can someone _please_ break my cycle by uploading their functional libc?
> > Please? If I get it, and can become a productive member of society again.
>
> I think we are all in the same boat but I've been waiting cos Ralf did say
> he doesnt get to upload tons of stuff any time he wants.

Yes.  Basically the problem is that I have to carry all the stuff to
the university for uploading.  Everything else would be pretty insane
over a 28.8k line at German phone rates.  Right now I already have about
120mb of pending uploads and the Indy is still compiling ...

Note that only publishing libc wouldn't do the job.  Some libc bugs
also affect the part of libc that are being linked statically into
executables.