Re: Update ...

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: Update ...
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 21:36:12 -0500 (EST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Thu, 4 Dec 1997 ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
> Turns out that the extremly weak performance I was seeing was caused
> by my init going nuts.  I really should compile ps ...  The console
> performance is now better but still not good; otherwise the machine
> behaves performancewise about as it is supposed to do.  Rpm factory
> going to warp speed & just rebuilding X.

I know I'm being a pain in the ass, but...

I'm really, really stuck.  I'd love to help build packages, but I can't
because my libc is old and out of date.

Great, I thought, I'll just cross compile my libc.  Except I'm back to
where I was in August.  I can't for the life of me cross compile anything,
especially the kernel.  I know I'm not using the correct gcc. I don't know
where the correct patches are. And I'm frustrated. And I know that libc is
the only thing I'm missing.

Can someone _please_ break my cycle by uploading their functional libc?
Please? If I get it, and can become a productive member of society again.

- Alex