Re: Linux on the O2

To: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Subject: Re: Linux on the O2
From: Chad Campbell <campbell@ukans.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 16:16:21 -0600 (CST)
Cc: cypher <cypher@vertigo.cs.indiana.edu>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Wed, 3 Dec 1997, Warner Losh wrote:
> But one does have to ask the question of WHY?  What can you get from
> an N64 that would make it worth running Linux on it?
I don't know much about the N64, but it should have at least two game
controller ports for a keyboard and a mouse, and I think I heard that
there were storage devices available for it.  With an upgrade to 8 MB, it
sounds like it could possibly be made into a cheap NC or WebTV type of
product.  Of course, as others have mentioned, any kernel port is valuable
at least in the sense that we might learn something new which could aid in
the design of kernels for other architectures.

Chad

Chad Campbell
Web Manager, University of Kansas Natural History Museum