More news...

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: More news...
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 20:41:40 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
First, the good:

I have a lot working now. inetd works fine, apache is beautiful, and I can
telnet into my machine.  Yay!  Finally, I can work from elsewhere in the
world.

My machine is a lot faster now that I don't have to be on the console.
I'm lead to believe it's the display driver that's slow, not the whole
machine.  It "feels" like a P100 now.

The bad news:

Still more libc problems, but I'll quit whining about that since Ralf
kindly told me to cross cross my own.  I'm looking at my cross-compiler
problems now.

Next problem:
I was running a ./configure for the nfs-server package, and I got a few
segfaults, followed by many copies of this on the console:

release_dev: pty1: read/write wait queue active!

and finally:
Got a bus error IRQ, shouldn't happen yet
and a freeze.

- Alex

      Alex deVries          Rent this space for a $5 donation
  System Administrator      to EngSoc per day.
   The EngSoc Project       Send spam to spam@engsoc.carleton.ca.