Re: A report from the battle field...

To: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>
Subject: Re: A report from the battle field...
From: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 1997 17:29:18 +0100
Cc: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Sun, Nov 30, 1997 at 02:51:43PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > 1. When I try to FTP a lot of files to it, it complains about "eth0: ".  I
> > guess it's just going too quick.  The file then becomes corrupt.  The
>
> Yep. Part of that however might be the ftp binary - ncftp I get
> the eth0: errors but dont seem to get file corruption.
>
> > 2. Execution errors on various programs:
> > - bash:
> > do_page_fault() #2: sending SIGSEGV to bash for illegal readaccess
> > from 000000d0 (epc ==0fb676c0, ra == 0fb676a0)
> > - pico (part of pine):
> > do_page_fault() #2: sending SIGSEGV to pico for illegal readaccess from
> > from 000000d0 (epc ==0fb676c0, ra == 0fb676a0)

These addresses are in the dynamic linker.  It's fixed in the CVS tree.
I however still see alot of unexplainable segmentation faults on my
machine.  Built from the same sources I don't see that problem on my
other machines, so I'd point at the Indy specific parts.

The crashes related to the ethernet are the most annoying things right now.