Re: Bintuils

To: ralf@uni-koblenz.de
Subject: Re: Bintuils
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 00:49:33 -0500 (EST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Sat, 29 Nov 1997 ralf@uni-koblenz.de wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 1997 at 10:51:47PM -0500, Alex deVries wrote:
> > libc and glibc binary RPMs would be appreciated. How about gcc and
> > binutils for big endian as well?
> I'll upload them rsn.  Just give some more days.  My next upload will
> probably again be 100mb or so, that takes a while to compile.  Also I

Cool!  Now that things are working a bit better on my box, I'm a little
more eager to get things running smoothly.

> > Does anyone have an editor?  It's a bit of a pain to have to FTP things
> > over to my i386 box, change, and re-FTP.
> I'm pretty shure that I put a tarball with Elvis and several rpms with
> other editors on Linus.

Uh, could you let me know where?  I couldn't find either. The only RPMs
are ed(no, please, don't make me)  and the broken version of joe.

I've had SRPMs of RedHat 5.0 (Hurricane) for a couple of days, so when I
get my build system running well, it'll churn out the upgraded RPMs.
Having compiled a few things this evening, I can tell you it'll take a
long time.  The 4600 isn't as fast as I'd thought.

- Alex