Re: Bintuils

To: (Ralf Baechle)
Subject: Re: Bintuils
From: (Alan Cox)
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 14:56:45 +0000 (GMT)
>   - manually rebuild binutils 2.8.1 + patch.  When configuring binutils
>     2.8.1 do not use the --enable-shared option, it will make binutils
>     2.7 generate bad libraries.

Done that. I get a static and apparently workable binutils if I also turn
gcc optimisation off (otherwise gcc dumps)

>   - install the binutils just built

Done that

>   - You should now be able to rebuild the rpm without problems

gcc still dumps, if I fix that I get back to the original problem. This
is the 2.8.1 off and has a "mips patch" listed in the spec file.

Im guessing the gcc one is a link bug that damaged gcc just slightly - zsh
also dumps gcc.