Re: SGI / Linux

Subject: Re: SGI / Linux
From: Shrijeet Mukherjee <shm@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 12:16:52 -0800 (PST)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi all,

I just wanted to make something certain, b4 I went and banged my head all
the way, about linux ports for SGI h/w.

I have recently acquired a 100Mhz R4K indigo .. would mips/linux work on
this, as this is a r4k machine .. ( I would presume the kernel should
work, while the device drivers may not ) ..

if yes, is there something else I need to do to make that happen .. if not
can I hack my way into making that happen.

If hacking is possible, then could somebody send me some pointers .. since
what I want to work on, is the Xserver ..

Thanx

Shrijeet Mukherjee,                     Member of Technical Staff (MTS)
                                        Advanced Graphics Division
                                        Silicon Graphics Computer Systems

http://reality.sgi.com/shm_engr         phone: 650-933-5312
email: shm@engr.sgi.com, shm@sgi.com, shm@cs.uoregon.edu
Remember, life is not about what happens to you but what you make of what
happens to you. Everyone dies, but not everyone fully lives.