Re: SGI / Linux

To: Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: SGI / Linux
From: ralf@hotel.uni-koblenz.de
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 00:31:04 +0100
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Wed, Nov 12, 1997 at 10:29:40PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:
> On other points anyone currently working on merging to 2.1.63, and the
> status on the dynamic link bugs and X11 - Any chance of a serverless
> XFree86 build set for the SGI yet - that'll let me build most of the
> remaining RPMs

Miguel has done some work on X.  The problem with X is that the dynamic
linker as currently in the CVS on Linus won't work with X.  There are a
couple more of features in the dynamic linker that want to be fixed; I
have a kind of semifixes for them.

I'm going to merge things upto 2.1.63 when I've fixed some other things.
During the semester holidays I fixed a large number of bugs in the MIPS
code but broke support for another machine, my favorite testing box ...