Look what I found in a big cardboard box

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Look what I found in a big cardboard box
From: alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox)
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 22:53:47 +0100 (BST)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
And there was light (actually there was heavy..)

My SGI arrived today. Anyway after the required prelimiaries (Batallion,
making stupid indycam movies) I had a hack at the ext2fs utils and libs -
fixed them to compile and run properly under the Indy native cc. I can
successfully make and then fsck an ext2 partition.

What Im going to do next is chase the work from the Mac68K installer and
see if I can use that with the ext2fs lib to get the same arrangement working
(that is an application level toolset for installing tars and the like) from
Irix.

To that goal I'm going to be working on the tool stuff until I've successfully
bootstrapped Linux that way.

Alan