Re: IRIX ELF docs

To: carlson@heaven.newport.sgi.com (Christopher W. Carlson)
Subject: Re: IRIX ELF docs
From: ariel@oz.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 10:20:38 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Chris wrote:
:
:I recently went to the local technical bookstore and found that AT&T
:no longer publishes the ABI books (the blue covered books describing
:the ELF format).  The bookstore was, thus, unable to even order them
:for me.
:
:Does anybody know where to buy these books?
:

Not specifically on the ABI, but a search for "MIPS" on www.amazon.com
gives only 4 hits, two of which are out-of-print/hard-to-find and
probably irrelevant, and two that on the architecture only:

        Mips R4000 User's Manual
        Joseph Heinrich / Paperback / Published 1993
        Our Price: $44.00

        Mips Risc Architecture ~ Ships in 2-3 days
        Gerry Kane, Joe Heinrich / Paperback / Published 1991
        Our Price: $46.00
        Read more about this title...

        Mips-X Risc Microprocessor (Kluwer International Series in
        Engineering and Computer Science)
        Paul Chow / Hardcover / Published 1989
        (Publisher Out Of Stock)

        Mips Risc Architecture
        Published 1991
        (Hard to Find)

The canonical place to look for MIPS ABI stuff is:
        www.mipsabi.org

The SGI specific quickstart stuff and whatever is not published
on www.mipsabi.org is probably not publicly documented and
I suspect not even documented much beyond the (rld etc.) source itself.
I'll be glad to be proven wrong on this.
--
Peace, Ariel