Re: MIPS R2k/3k machines....

Subject: Re: MIPS R2k/3k machines....
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 19:24:35 -0700 (PDT)

>       I too, like the several other people, want to help port Linux to
> the older 2k and 3k systems BUT like all the others I am hindered by a
> total LACK of documentation.  I did manage to find one nice chap who gave
> me some docco. but unfortuantely it was for the R4Ks, however...

I assume you only refer to the system documentation.  The CPU documentation
is available for free from {sgigate,www} and a couple of
Mips silicon manufacturers like {ftp,www} and others more.

>       Does ANYONE have ANY technical INFORMATION which might be of use
> to all of us port of linux.
>       No matter how small, silly or whatever I'd like to hear about it.

I asked some people at SGI and they'll try to dig out what still
exists.  Somebody came up with a quite nice link for owners of
historic SGI machines.  Check out the site, there is a link to it