Re: R3000 SGI machines

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@cobaltmicro.com>
Subject: Re: R3000 SGI machines
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 09:10:24 -0600
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
In message <199709260639.XAA09959@dull.cobaltmicro.com> Ralf Baechle writes:
: I receive an increasing number of emails asking for Linux as replacement
: operating system for older R3000 SGI machines as well as Mips Inc.
: machines.  Is there still documentation available for these systems
: that would make a port possible?

I'll have to search my email archive (which would take some doing),
but someone at SGI offered to get me the sources to RISCos, or at
least the device drivers.  They were donated to berkeley, who didn't
integrate them into their 4.4 or 4.4lite release, was the story I was
told.  Might be worth looking into.  Wouldn't help with some of the
older SGI machines, but would help with the MIPS co boxes.

Warner