Re: R3000 SGI machines

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: R3000 SGI machines
From: LetherGlov@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 07:24:05 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
You know I was just thinking about that this morning. I was more leaning
towards the personal iris, and the crimson with the video adapter that is not
supported in 6.2(the name isn't coming to me right now, GTX?). I was
wondering how we got the specs from the ethernet, bus, and serial controllers
from SGI. And the chip specs from mips. If I understand SGI history
correctly, there was a change in the CPU after revision 3, and we are going
to need to see if this is going to cause problems. another thing we need to
do(I'll do it) is call ID Software and get the code for DOOM so It can be
compiled for Linux.

Thanks,
Robbie Stone