Re: Task list --preliminary list

Subject: Re: Task list --preliminary list
From: Mike Shaver <>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 18:32:19 -0400 (EDT)
Thus spake Ariel Faigon:
> [5] Verify that the latest source tree on Llinus compiles and boots
>     (maybe automate this with a daily build that gets tested)

Boots on?
We'll need to define a set of known-tested/supported systems, at least
for now.

> [4] Utility to boot Linux from IRIX (both locally and over net)

Stay tuned.
I'm going to be incommunicado for about a week while I move to
Mountain View, but I only have one bug[*] keeping me from being able
to boot off of an EFS partition, etc.  That should make things a lot

[*] Yes, it's embarrassingly true: I still can't get indirect extents
right.  I'll check my code in tomorrow, in case someone smarter than
me wants to take a crack at it.

#> Mike Shaver ( Ingenia Communications Corporation
#>           Resident Linux bigot and kernel hacker. (OOPS!)
#> `If you get bitten by a bug, tough luck...the one thing I won't do
#> is feel sorry for you.  In fact, I might ask you to do it all over
#> again, just to get more information.  I'm a heartless bastard.'
#>                       -- Linus Torvalds (on development kernels)