Re: Task list --preliminary list

To: Miguel de Icaza <>
Subject: Re: Task list --preliminary list
From: Eric Kimminau <>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 23:49:34 -0400
PRI 10
Howto updated so it show how to take a system currently running IRIX and
get it to a point where it is running Linux. I know it isn't truly
development work, but Ive been stuck with a non-functional Indy for most
of a month.My problems seem to be related to trying to NFS boot off of a
remote XFS file system but I could be wrong. I haven't grabbed the
latest kernel to try so that could resolve my issue.

Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> Here is a preliminary task list of things that should be done for a
> complete Linux/MIPS port, right now it includes by personal favorites
> and I am working on some of those bits, but some of the other can be
> done now, I have a copy of this at:
> [9]  Merging the latest GNU libc releases.
> [9]  Get the X libraries compiled.
> [5]  Getting SGI mouse to work.
> [5]  Test the STREAMS implementation of the mouse.
> [6]  Figure why init is setting the sigprocmask to a value different
>      from 0.  This disables the debugger (SIGTRAP is disabled for
>      all child processes).
> [7]  Getting IRIX X server to accept connections.
> Please, send me additions to this list.
> Miguel.

Eric Kimminau                             System Engineer                       Silicon Graphics, Inc
Vox:(810) 848-4455                        39001 West 12mile Road
Fax:(810)848-5600                         Farmington, MI 48331-2903
            "I speak my mind and no one else's."