Re: Task list --preliminary list

To: (Miguel de Icaza)
Subject: Re: Task list --preliminary list
From: (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 20:05:26 -0700 (PDT)
My personal favorites are a drudgery to wizards but an essential
necessity for most mortals:

[5] Verify that the latest source tree on Llinus compiles and boots
    (maybe automate this with a daily build that gets tested)
[4] Utility to boot Linux from IRIX (both locally and over net)
[3] Stable precompiled Indy kernel + root-contents on linus
[3] A working HOWTO for booting Linux on Indy

All the above even without having X :-)

:Here is a preliminary task list of things that should be done for a
:complete Linux/MIPS port, right now it includes by personal favorites
:and I am working on some of those bits, but some of the other can be
:done now, I have a copy of this at:
:[9]  Get more userland programs compiled in RPM form
:[9]  Merging the latest GNU libc releases.
:[9]  Get the X libraries compiled.
:[5]  Getting SGI mouse to work.
:[5]  Test the STREAMS implementation of the mouse.
:[6]  Figure why init is setting the sigprocmask to a value different
:     from 0.  This disables the debugger (SIGTRAP is disabled for
:     all child processes).
:[7]  Getting IRIX X server to accept connections.
:Please, send me additions to this list.

Peace, Ariel