Re: Linux/SGI: IRIX X server -- kind-of-works-now status.

To: miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx (Miguel de Icaza)
Subject: Re: Linux/SGI: IRIX X server -- kind-of-works-now status.
From: ariel@oz.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 13:19:27 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Miguel,

Congtratulations on getting Xsgi on Linux to this stage.

To me it is pretty amazing that you were able to do all this
only by looking at the HW docs, lots of syscall tracing, and so
few hints from us.  Keep up the great work.

Please continue to update us on further progress until you have
a fully functional Xsgi server working.  Hope the X guys on the
list would be able to help on the remaining questions.

--
Peace, Ariel

:
:
:Hello guys,
:
:   Well, my IRIX Xsgi server is running on Linux/SGI without aborting
:now.  It displays the nice X cursor and a black background (ie, no
:nice X background yet.
: