EFS question

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com (Linux/SGI list)
Subject: EFS question
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 20:58:22 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Just to make sure I understand this correctly:
- when an inode has <= EFS_DIRECTEXTENTS extents, they're stored directly
in the inode.
- when an inode has > EFS_DIRECTEXTENTS extents, the extents in the
inode refer to contiguous block regions that contain extents referring
to the real data.

The EFS code that Alan posted, in addition to having a curious
aversion to structures, seemed to think that the first 4 bytes of
dinode->di_u were the block number of a block containing extents, and
thus doesn't work very well with files with numext >
EFS_DIRECTEXTENTS.  I just want to ensure that I make a sane fix.

Mike

#>                 UNIX medicine man -- dark magick, cheap!
#>
#>  When the going gets tough, the tough give cryptic error messages.
#>          "We believe in rough consensus and running code."