Re: Booting off of sdb1...

Subject: Re: Booting off of sdb1...
From: Miguel de Icaza <>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 18:58:22 -0500
> <snip>
> Well, I would try that patch, but I am unable to compile kernels because I
> _always_ get this:

Probably you missed my post and Ralf's post on this issue.

> I'm using the gcc that's up on, and I'm using binutils
> 2.8.1, which is the latest I believe.

You need to get the binutils tar file as it was made available on, not the cross-compiler kit, nor the 2.8.1 release
from the FSF.

> _PLEASE_ can someone who is able to succesfully cross compile kernels post
> here what versions they are using, and where I can get them from. Not
> sorting this out brings my development efforts to a complete stop.

berenice-origin32$ mips-linux-as --version
GNU assembler version 2.7 (mips-linux), using BFD version 2.7

berenice-origin32$ mycc --version

But then, those versions are not really the stock GNU versions, they
are the ones available in