Re: boot linux - wish

To: (Miguel de Icaza)
Subject: Re: boot linux - wish
From: Mike Shaver <>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 21:05:34 -0400 (EDT)
Thus spake Miguel de Icaza:
> Agreed.  I really preffer this way of setting up Linux, but this
> basically forces you to have an NFS server with the installation files
> somewhere accessible.

If I stick all the RH stuff in an initrd and then they do FTP install,
then they should be able to use it via boot /vmlinux or boot -f
bootp()..., no?

#> Mike Shaver ( Ingenia Communications Corporation
#>           Resident Linux bigot and kernel hacker. (OOPS!)
#> `If you get bitten by a bug, tough luck...the one thing I won't do
#> is feel sorry for you.  In fact, I might ask you to do it all over
#> again, just to get more information.  I'm a heartless bastard.'
#>                       -- Linus Torvalds (on development kernels)