Re: boot linux - wish

To: adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca (Alex deVries)
Subject: Re: boot linux - wish
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 16:53:01 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: ariel@sgi.com, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thus spake Alex deVries:
> I don't mind rising to that challenge, but one huge obstacle is how do we
> get the utility to partition the Linux drive?

Oliver is working on fdisk, I believe.
Last I heard, he was working on the geometry-query issue.  Oliver?

> > And give hints like:
> >     Sorry you don't have the e2fs tools installed on IRIX yet
> >     should I download them from ftp.linux.sgi.com [y/n]?
>
> Er, does such a tool in fact exist?

Yup.
That's how I made bogomips' ext2 drive initially.

Mike

#>                 Ignore the man behind the curtain.
#>
#> "And then I realized that it never should have worked in the first
#>  place.  Thus, it would not work again until rewritten." --- Anon.