Re: Local disk boot HOWTO

Subject: Re: Local disk boot HOWTO
From: Mike Shaver <>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:37:25 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: (Linux/SGI list)
Thus spake Eric Kimminau:
> OK, this IS simple enough. Does anyone have a tar of a functional Linux
> installation I can snag and uncompress on my second disk?
should work fine.

(20MB, BTW)

> My assumption would be I would then just modify
> /dev/sdb1/etc/hosts,hostname, etc. for networking and then reboot into
> Linux?

Something like that.
You can edit them after you reboot, though.

#> Mike Shaver ( Ingenia Communications Corporation
#>                 UNIX medicine man -- dark magick, cheap!
#>  When the going gets tough, the tough give cryptic error messages.
#>          "We believe in rough consensus and running code."