Re: Local disk boot HOWTO

Subject: Re: Local disk boot HOWTO
From: Mike Shaver <>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:22:40 -0400 (EDT)
Thus spake Eric Kimminau:
> Has anyone completed a HOWTO for booting from a second local disk yet?

Do you have a root-mountable filesystem on the second disk?
If so:
- put vmlinux on the IRIX /
- boot into sash
boot /vmlinux root=/dev/sdb1

(This is from memory, but it was pretty simple.  Once Miguel told me
how simple it was, of course. =) )

#> Mike Shaver ( Ingenia Communications Corporation
#>       Chief System Architect -- Head geek -- System exorcist
#>   "Have you considered a life?  I hear they're quite affordable
#>          these days." ---