Re: linus accessible from within SGI

To: daviddb@johannesburg.sgi.com
Subject: Re: linus accessible from within SGI
From: Eric Kimminau <eak@cygnus.detroit.sgi.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:17:25 -0400
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com, Ariel Faigon <ariel@sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
David S. de Beer wrote:

> Ariel Faigon wrote:
>
> > In the case of perl it is easy to cross the firewall by simply
> > using a proxy. i.e. you don't need to SOCSify you perl since
> > the proxy (which is SOCKsified) does the job for you.
> >
> > Enclosed below is a (http) 'GET' script that uses one possible
> > SGI proxy when given the -e option. The method uses is the name
> > of the script so you may symlink it to 'HEAD' for example.
> >
> > --
> > Peace, Ariel
> >

> Ariel,
>
> Wow, great :) Do you perhaps have a perl script for ftp as well?
>
> Also, I've looked around for a xftp client that works with socks and can also
> copy
> recursive directories. Is there something like this available?
>
> Thank you kindly.
>
> David

ncftp will do this David. You need the latest version though. The dist
on dist.engr:/sgi/hacks is NOT up to date and has problems going through
a SOCKS proxy.

--
Eric Kimminau                           System Engineer/RSA
eak@detroit.sgi.com                     Silicon Graphics, Inc

                 VNet Extension - 6-327-4455
              "I speak my mind and no one else's."
       http://www.dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/perl-rsa-sig.html

    When confronted by a difficult problem, solve it by reducing
    it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"

Windows 95: n.
    32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an
    8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor,
    written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.

    Author unknown.