Re: linus accessible from within SGI

To: (Wolfgang Szoecs)
Subject: Re: linus accessible from within SGI
From: Mike Shaver <>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 13:21:27 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: (Linux/SGI list)
Thus spake Wolfgang Szoecs:
> BTW, i'm searching for a kernel image for booting a linux-NFS-root.
> Does anybody have one, and could give me that ?
> (a root-fs i already have)

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell the list about this:

Miguel gave me his kernel, since I couldn't build one with either my
tools or the ones on linus, and I put it up for Jan at
(You'll need to gunzip it for use.)

#> Mike Shaver ( Ingenia Communications Corporation
#>           Resident Linux bigot and kernel hacker. (OOPS!)
#> `If you get bitten by a bug, tough luck...the one thing I won't do
#> is feel sorry for you.  In fact, I might ask you to do it all over
#> again, just to get more information.  I'm a heartless bastard.'
#>                       -- Linus Torvalds (on development kernels)