Re: Bottom half bug

To: miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx (Miguel de Icaza)
Subject: Re: Bottom half bug
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 06:07:06 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: ralf@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
>   Well, the major problem with getting gdb up was that init is for
> some reason setting the blocked signal mask to 0x39 (this includes
> sighup, sigtrap and a couple of others).
>
>   I will debug this next, right now I have this gross hack on gdb to
> reset the signal mask to zero.  Any ideas of why would init be doing this?

Well, I'll look at this when I get off the plane or so ...

I finally tracked the problem with <CTRL>-s locking up the machine down.
It's a missing restore_flags() in the newport driver that makes the
keyboard driver bottom half go bobo.  Also we were missing irq_enter/
irq_leave in the Indy interrupt handler.  The patch, well, it's in my
suit case.  Have fun with your crashing boxes :-)

California, I'm comin',