[no subject]

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
From: Vincent Renardias <vincent@waw.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 18:16:02 +0100 (GMT+0100)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
        Hello,

        I've just joined this ML, and I'm trying to contribute to the
Linux/SGI development. Since I'm not too good at kernel hacking, I've
tough about working on porting the userland part (I have some experience
with this part since I've been a Debian developper for a while and
initiated the Debian/PowerPC port).
        By now I don't have access to any SGI hardware, but i've been able
to build some packages with the crossdev (i486-linux) packages from
ftp.linux.sgi.com.

        So here are my questions:

1/ Which are the 'most wanted' packages not yet recompiled/ported to
Linux/SGI? I've looked at the RPMs available RPM list, and some important
packages seem unavailable yet. (sed,tar,perl come to mind).

2/ While using the crossdev gcc, several times I got complains about a
file 'sgidefs.h' missing (from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/mips-linux/2.7.2/include/va-mips.h, line 41).
Commenting the '#include' file made the compile work, but I not sure it's
the right fix.

3/ Can any1 confirm/correct the following values for GNU/autoconf:
ac_cv_c_bigendian=no
ac_cv_c_char_unsigned=no
ac_cv_sizeof_long=4
ac_cv_sizeof_int=4