Tips on making yourself unpopular

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Tips on making yourself unpopular
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 01:38:50 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
I waited carefully until I was sure that everybody would be asleep, and
rearranged the FTP server.  This may not be a popular decision with some
of you, but I think this structure makes a lot more sense.

The first major change is that I've configured wu-ftpd instead of the
prepackaged ftpd that comes with Irix.

The next change is that I've moved everything to /src/ftp, so that people
aren't puzzled why we're distributing our web logs via FTP.

Also, I've shuffled some of the stuff under the former /pub/linux down
one, and put some source code (such as ktrace) where it belongs.

I've also uploaded my .rpm versions of Ralf's crossdev tools for i486
hosts.  If I had sources I could compile for binutils and gcc, I'd
generate ones for sparc-sun-linux hosted as well.

Anyway, if you don't like the FTP server structure, feel free to complain
to me.

In other news...

- the HOWTO will be seperated from the FAQ tomorrow, bringing both
  versions to 0.03. Plenty of technical details have been added

- I'm working on creating a smaller root.tar.gz package.  Having ps
  and fdisk would be very cool...

- Alex

      Alex deVries              Success is realizing
  System Administrator          attainable dreams.
   The EngSoc Project