Re: Interest in SGI/Linux

Subject: Re: Interest in SGI/Linux
From: Mike Shaver <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 00:48:45 -0400 (EDT)
Thus spake Ariel Faigon:

Ah, yes.
I was talking to John Carmack about Quake 2, Linux, GL hardware and
such, and while the Indy's not suitable (only gouraud, and Q2 needs
texture mapping), the O2 would be.  If we can get Linux ported to the
O2 as well, we can very likely get a Quake II port.

This is suspicious.
Should we be controlling access to linus?

#> Mike Shaver ( Ingenia Communications Corporation
#>       Chief System Architect -- Head geek -- System exorcist
#>   "Have you considered a life?  I hear they're quite affordable
#>          these days." ---