Re: Pointers on how to get started

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Pointers on how to get started
From: offer@sgi.com (richard offer)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 12:00:56 -0700
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
* $ from shaver@neon.ingenia.ca at "18-Jul: 2:46pm" | sed "1,$s/^/* /"
*
* > 3. Exactly what hardware will this run on?  All I've heard thus far is
* > work on SGI Indy's.
*
* I think that's it.  Whatever Ariel ships you should work, though.

Does this mean it won't work on an R4k Indigo ?

Bugger, there goes my idea of sticking a second disk into changeling....

[ changeling 240 ] hinv
CPU: MIPS R4000 Processor Chip Revision: 3.0
FPU: MIPS R4000 Floating Point Coprocessor Revision: 0.0
1 100 MHZ IP20 Processor
Main memory size: 32 Mbytes
Secondary unified instruction/data cache size: 1 Mbyte on Processor 0
Instruction cache size: 8 Kbytes
Data cache size: 8 Kbytes
Integral SCSI controller 0: Version WD33C93B, revision C
  Disk drive: unit 1 on SCSI controller 0
On-board serial ports: 2
On-board bi-directional parallel port
Graphics board: GR2-XZ
Integral Ethernet: ec0, version 1

*
*
* Mike
*
* --
* #> Mike Shaver (shaver@ingenia.com) Ingenia Communications Corporation
* #> Paranoid for money.                            Sarcastic for kicks.
* #>
* #> "They already *KNOW* I am a whacko, Karen.
* #>                  That doesn't mean I am *WRONG*." -- mjr@clark.net
*

richard.

       5 |     #                  The graph shows the number of glasses
         |     #                  of wine it takes for a woman to
       4 |     #     #            believe all men are bastards.
         |     #     #
       3 |     #     #     #                  Original: R.Llewellyn
         |     #     #     #                  "The Reconstructed Heart"
       2 |     #     #     #     #            Figures for 1995 suggested
         |     #     #     #     #            by my friend Annette.
         |     #     #     #     #     #  (none)
             1952  1962  1972  1982  1992  1995