Re: Pointers on how to get started

To: adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca (Alex deVries)
Subject: Re: Pointers on how to get started
From: Mike Shaver <shaver@neon.ingenia.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:13:13 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com (Linux/SGI list)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thus spake Alex deVries:
> How are things on the native booting front?

I can boot bogomips off of local disk, but I'm seeing some wierdness
with users and groups that I can't explain (via NFS and ext2).  I'd
like to get strace working so I can debug it more.

There are also some moderately serious VFS bugs in 2.1.4[35] that are
blocking some stuff right now.  (Can't boot diskless with .45, for
example.)

Mike

--
#> Mike Shaver (shaver@ingenia.com)      Information Warfare Division
#> Chief Tactical and Strategic Officer         "Saepe fidelis"