Wellcome, Alan

Subject: Wellcome, Alan
From: ariel@oz.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 15:06:59 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Hi All,

I'd like to wellcome (note the spelling) Alan Cox to the linux
mailing list.  To those who don't know Alan, he is almost as
famous as Linus himself in the Linux community :-)

Alan played the leading role in major Linux areas including
The Linux TCP/IP implementation and Linux/SMP as well as being
involved on the Linux International Technical board and helping
Linux happen and succeed.

Alan lives in Wales, The United Kingdom and he is interested
in contributing to the SGI/Linux efffort.  I have put Alan
on the first-comes and qualifies first-serverd waiting list
for hardware.  Right now, Alan in #4 on the list with machine
#1 expected to be shipped this Friday. [our main bottleneck
is lack of dual disk config Indys]

To Alan: the linux@engr.sgi.com list has about 50 subscribers
mostly SGI employees (and a few managers :-) who either like
Linux so much or have some other interest in seeing it running
on SGI hardware.  It also includes all our core developers
which you probably know.

--
Peace, Ariel

----- Forwarded message from Majordomo@cthulhu -----