Small question regarind gfx api.

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Small question regarind gfx api.
From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 19:03:50 -0500
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
In the /usr/include/sys/gfx.h file some of the ioctls that are
supported for /dev/graphics are tagged with a comment that says that
you have to be the board owner to issue those commands.

My question is: how do you become the board owner?

Right now my X server uses a single file descriptor for /dev/graphics
for all of the boards attached to the system, since it appears to me
that every GFX ioctl requires the board number on which it operates.

Miguel.