Some simple hardware questions...

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Some simple hardware questions...
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 12:38:39 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
I have some ultra simple hardware questions that I couldn't find answers
to.  Excuse the noviceness of it all, I haven't touched SGI hardware in
quite some time.

1. Do Indy's come equipped with floppy drives?  What are they?  Is it
possible to boot from them?

2. I know O2's have PCI busses with a custom controller.  Do Indy's have
this too? What is the name of this controller? It would seem reasonably
easy to slap a PCI VGA card in there and port XFree86 to run on it.

3. Do Indy's ship with CDROMs?

As an aside, I asked Erik Troan for the source for the RedHat Install
program, and he seems quite interested in SGI-Linux.

- Alex

      Alex deVries           "Alex can cut a mean rug."
  System Administrator       - M. Dittberner <shabby@engsoc.carleton.ca>
   The EngSoc Project