Re: Getting X on Linux/SGI

To: "David S. Miller" <>
Subject: Re: Getting X on Linux/SGI
From: Steve Alexander <>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 01:39:35 -0700
"David S. Miller" <> writes:
>Don't get me wrong, I was constantly reminded what keeps the lights on
>in bldg. 9 when I was there last summer, but when and if Linux begins
>to do some (not all) of that "enabling", people might begin to
>perceive the situation a bit differently.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not opposed to Linux on SGI.  In fact, I'm in favor
of it, at least on some set of systems.  I don't believe that Linux on 64P
O2000s makes a lot of sense yet, but I think it would be nice to have Linux
running on O200s and Indys.

Personally, I wouldn't buy an O2 to run Linux.

-- Steve