Re: Getting X on Linux/SGI

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Getting X on Linux/SGI
From: "William J. Earl" <wje@fir.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 13:01:24 -0700
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Alex deVries writes:

 > On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, David S. Miller wrote:
 >
 > >    From: "John Chen" <chen@betty.esd.sgi.com>
 > >    Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 12:41:23 -0700
 > >    I think you also need following stuff for Indy system with Newport
 > > graphic:
 > >    1) Newport graphics spec.
 > > I have this.
 >
 > Q: is the newport graphics spec available outside of SGI?  If so, is there
 > any way for me to get my hands on a copy of it, either electronically or
 > physically?

     With the approval of Tom Furlong (then the SGI VP/GM in charge of Indy),
I provided the specification to the Linux-on-SGI project (in the person
of David Miller :-) ).  It is only available in paper, and David may be
the quickest source for it.  (I am now in a different division, far from
the home of the paper documents.)