Re: Broadway info needed

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Broadway info needed
From: "Christopher W. Carlson" <carlson@heaven.newport.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:13:31 -0700
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Jun 19,  4:42pm, David Hutton wrote:
> Subject: Broadway info needed
> Hi,
>
> From what I remember the X-Consortium has gone away but there are
> plans for X to live on (heaven forbid...) in the form of
> 'Broadway'..??  I seem to remember that this is some form of X that
> is *suitable* for the web.  Ho ho...
>
> Any information appreciated here.  We've had a couple of queries
> from customers over the last week or so so need to put them off.
> Pointers to web pages, the resident expert on this etc etc
>
> Cheers
>
>-- End of excerpt from David Hutton

My understanding is that OSF has taken over the X stuff.  These are
the people that create Motif.  They have a web page:

        http://WWW.osf.org/index.html

--

                Chris Carlson

        | Also, carlson@sgi.com                                |
        |   Work:   (714) 224-4530                             |
        |   Vnet:       6-678-4530     FAX:    (714) 833-9503  |
        | Trivia fact: an electroencephalogram shows that a    |
        | human brain and a bowl of quivering lime Jell-O have |
        | the same waves.  [Time Magazine, Mar 17, 1997]       |