Re: FYI - free Windows API

To: linux@morgaine.engr.sgi.com
Subject: Re: FYI - free Windows API
From: offer@sgi.com (richard offer)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 19:29:36 -0700
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
* $ from lm@neteng at "18-Jun: 7:07pm" | sed "1,$s/^/* /"
*
[sniping]

* >From Unigram...
*
* NOORDA's WILLOWS TO PUT ITS WINDOWS-ON-UNIX SOURCE ON TO NET
*

[sniping again]

* Saratoga, California-based Willows claims the move will
* create something of a paradigm shift - at least within the
* narrow confines of Unix - and spell the end of Sun
* Microsystems Inc's like-minded but limited product, Wabi, as
* well as Motif.

Oh great, well thats me out of a job then :-(

Even a company the size of DEC couldn't persuade more than a handful of
companies to port their code to Alpha/NT, and this one-man-and-his-band will
succeed ?

[one last snip]

*
* ------- End of Forwarded Message
*

richard.

  A guest signature from Jeff Drummond (jjd at cray.com)

  My name is Inigo Montoya.  You killed my father.  Prepare to die.
  My name is Frankenstein.  I have no father.  Prepare to die.
  My name is Darth Vader.  I AM your father.  Prepare to die.
  My name is Freddie Kruger.  Your father killed me.  Prepare to die.
  My name is the Terminator.  Your yet-to-be-born son will kill me.
     Prepare to die.
  Yo, I'm Rambo.  Somebody got killed.  Die.