http://www.linux.sgi.com?

To: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Subject: http://www.linux.sgi.com?
From: Alex deVries <adevries@engsoc.carleton.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 17:34:14 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
I've had a few bits of email from people asking me about SGI-Linux.  I'm
thinking as we start to get things off the ground that it would be a good
idea to publish something at www.linux.sgi.com. As this will reflect on
SGI, does anyone want to write anything there?

Also, have the folks at SGI considered a press release announcing that
SGI-Linux is being officially sponsored by SGI? This would be _very_
impressive news to the Linux community, I think.  Certainly mklinux gave
me a much better view of Apple.

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to start writing some documentation
on where we're at, how to get started, what equipment it runs on, etc. I'd
be happy to start writing an SGI-Linux FAQ and/or HOWTO, if there are no
objections. I'm well aware that I don't speak on behalf of SGI, so if
there's someone over there who'd prefer to write it, I understand.

- Alex

      Alex deVries           "Alex can cut a mean rug."
  System Administrator       - M. Dittberner <shabby@engsoc.carleton.ca>
   The EngSoc Project