Linux on R4k or R5k Indy

Subject: Linux on R4k or R5k Indy
From: Eric Kimminau <>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 16:59:00 -0400
Cc:, ralf@Julia.DE

Ive seen and . We are hosting a Linux user's group in
our facility next week and I would love to have an Indy up and running
with it if at all possible. Could someone point me towards an
installation site where I could mirror stuff locally for the
installation? If it will run on an R3k or R4k Indigo (the only machine I
really have as a 100% spare) Ill keep it up to date and running on the
internal net all the time. I have 15-20 Indy's coming in on trade in
about a month (R4400) which I hope to be able to grab one of as well.

Ive looked on (which was empty), (which appeared to be down) and on appears to have
everything). Before I go and try to mirror this site across our T-1 and
through the SGI firewall, Id really prefer finding somewhere within SGI
that may have this already.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and to a MIPS installation

Thanks in Advance!

Eric Kimminau                           System Engineer                     Silicon Graphics, Inc
Voice: (248) 848-4455                   39001 West 12 Mile Rd.
Fax:   (248) 848-5600                   Farmington, MI 48331-2903

                 VNet Extension - 6-327-4455
              "I speak my mind and no one else's."

    When confronted by a difficult problem, solve it by reducing
    it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"