Linux on R4k or R5k Indy

To: linux@dist.engr.sgi.com, linux-progress@dist.engr.sgi.com, landman@detroit.sgi.com, stevenp@dearborn.sgi.com
Subject: Linux on R4k or R5k Indy
From: Eric Kimminau <eak@cygnus.detroit.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 16:59:00 -0400
Cc: miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx, ralf@Julia.DE
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Howdy!

Ive seen http://info.engr.sgi.com/linux/status.html and
http://bogomips.ingenia.com/ . We are hosting a Linux user's group in
our facility next week and I would love to have an Indy up and running
with it if at all possible. Could someone point me towards an
installation site where I could mirror stuff locally for the
installation? If it will run on an R3k or R4k Indigo (the only machine I
really have as a 100% spare) Ill keep it up to date and running on the
internal net all the time. I have 15-20 Indy's coming in on trade in
about a month (R4400) which I hope to be able to grab one of as well.

Ive looked on ftp://vger.rutgers.edu/pub/linux/MIPS (which was empty),
ftp.fnet.fr (which appeared to be down) and on
ftp://kernel.panic.julia.de/pub/linux/mips/(which appears to have
everything). Before I go and try to mirror this site across our T-1 and
through the SGI firewall, Id really prefer finding somewhere within SGI
that may have this already.

Can anyone point me in the right direction and to a MIPS installation
HOWTO?

Thanks in Advance!

                    Eric.

--
Eric Kimminau                           System Engineer
eak@detroit.sgi.com                     Silicon Graphics, Inc

                 VNet Extension - 6-327-4455
              "I speak my mind and no one else's."
       http://www.dcs.ex.ac.uk/~aba/rsa/perl-rsa-sig.html

    When confronted by a difficult problem, solve it by reducing
    it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"