Re: Getting X on Linux/SGI

To: "Christopher W. Carlson" <carlson@heaven.newport.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Getting X on Linux/SGI
From: Nigel Gamble <nigel@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 12:30:33 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
On Wed, 18 Jun 1997, Christopher W. Carlson wrote:
>                            SGI is a hardware company!  It surprises me
> that much of our company has forgotten that.

If it was ever true, it's certainly not true any longer.  SGI is
a systems company.  By which I mean that our "edge" over the
competition comes from a combination of hardware and software
working very closely together.

Nigel Gamble       "Are we going to push the edge of the envelope, Brain?"
Silicon Graphics   "No, Pinky, but we may get to the sticky part."
nigel@sgi.com
(415) 933-3109