Re: (Fwd) Re: SGI machine

To: knobi@munich.sgi.com (Martin Knoblauch)
Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: SGI machine
From: ariel@yon.engr.sgi.com (Ariel Faigon)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 10:48:56 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: carlson@heaven.newport.sgi.com, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
:
:Christopher W. Carlson wrote:
:>
:> Just thought I'd pass on the response that I received from
:> Richard Stallman.
:>
:> --- Forwarded mail from Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
:>
:> Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:17:06 -0400
:> From: Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
:> To: carlson
:> Subject: Re: SGI machine
:>
:> We now have free systems running on all our machines, so we
:> could not accept a machine that runs a non-free system like IRIX.
:>
:
: So, does this mean they are no longer interested in supporting
:GNU stuff on non-free systems?
:

Hi Linuxies,

As much as I admire rms, his amazing life achievements,
and the free software movement he created, let's not accept it
"as is" when he talks in his strong opinionated style in the
name of others.  I happen to know two major FSF contributors
that would love to get SGI hardware and make GNU stuff work
on IRIX _or_ Linux.   Please keep emailing me leads :-)

--
Peace, Ariel