Re: Good news: no more begging for HW

To: offer@sgi.com (richard offer)
Subject: Re: Good news: no more begging for HW
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 02:32:00 +0200 (MET DST)
Cc: linux@morgaine.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
> Probably the first thing to do would be to get the go ahead for a proof of
> concept only (under NDA) probably using an old indy. If this proves impossible
> from either the technical or political pov's then we need to re-think.
>
> I personaly don't think we have much chance unless we go to NDA and even then
> its going to be really hard to get buy-in.

I guess a workable model for the current technology like O2 etc. would be
that SGI gives documentation out under NDA to the developer(s).  After
a certain time (I think about 18 month or two years) after which a product
generation is obsoleted by successors the source and hopefully even the
documentation may be published freely.